Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Proust Questionnaire


I prefer answering them questions here than in FB because amma take this opportunity to reflect :) ye-huh!

~~
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by 
Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire.

1.What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- I may be complicated as I seem to project but I actually like simple things such as being able to speak freely what one thinks.  I hate second guessing.  Happiness is being able to feel that feelings are being reciprocated.  No holding back.

2.What is your greatest fear?
- Apart from being eaten by little
fishies instead of drowning right away if ever the ship sinks, I am really afraid of growing old without not having someone to grow old with. 

3.What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- I cannot plan.  Really.  Ask me what I will be doing next month and my reply will be, "I dunno."

4.What is the trait you most deplore in others?
-  
Hypocrisy.  I hate it when people do not say/ do what they want to say/ do.  Next is Pride.  Need I say more?

5.Which living person do you most admire?
-  Funny that most person's worth are only realized when they are already dead.  Tough question, this is.  I don't have one specific person I admire but I absolutely admire people who are driven, loyal, has integrity, and are not afraid to take risks.
  
6.What is your greatest extravagance?
- I was actually thinking about this while driving.  I do not spend so much on shoes and clothes (heck, even if i shop a lot, i make sure i do not buy very expensive things).  I guess most of my money go to food and booze.  I cannot say no to good dining experience with of course good company.  

7.What is your current state of mind?
-  Frankly, I am getting impatient.  I hate waiting, I really do.  Most of all, I hate myself when I expect too much just to be turned down.  I do not think I can take another of that anymore.

8.What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Chastity, as in virginity.  Holding off on sex or making love is not an option to me.  I love having sex.  Period.

9.On what occasion do you lie?
-  To save one's face especially mine.

10.What do you most dislike about your appearance?
- I have big boobs and equally big tummy and flat butt.  I can actually go on with this forever, you know.

11.Which living person do you most despise?
-  No one, really.  If I hate that means I am also sympathetic.  But really I am normally apathetic and frivolous.

12.What is the quality you most like in a man?
-  I like creative brains.  If a man can be able to feed my mind with both sense and humour then I am in love with him.

13.What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- High threshold of pain not just to physical pain but most importantly emotional.

14.Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- It will come if it's meant.
- When it's done, it's done.  No point crying over spilled milk.
- Cogito ergo sum.
- Pff.. 

15.What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- No idea

16.When and where were you happiest?
- When I'm appreciated.  

17.Which talent would you most like to have?
- Realistically? I want to be able to draw / paint.  I also want to be able to write really well.  

18.If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- I am me and I love being me but I would also want to lessen my being very impulsive.

19.What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- So far?  I really don't know yet.  I have always been a dabbler. 

20.If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
- Still me.  With a rich dad! LOL

21.Where would you most like to live?
- Near the beach.  

22.What is your most treasured possession?
-  My car.  That's the only valuable thing I own.  LOL

23.What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
-  When you beg your friends to give you money so that you can eat.  

24.What is your favorite occupation?
- Cartoonist.  Sarcasm + Wit + Creativity = Cartoons!

25.What is your most marked characteristic?
- I speak my mind.

26.What do you most value in your friends?
- They listen and give sound advise.

27.Who are your favorite writers?
- Gee, i don't really know.

28.Who is your hero of fiction?
- Let me think...

29.Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- Geghis Khan!  I get what I want whatever it takes! Rarr!

30.Who are your heroes in real life?
- Oooh, sublime!

31.What are your favorite names?
-  Isis and Luna.  If ever I have twins, am gonna name them that.

32.What is it that you most dislike?
-  Ditzies.  Histrionics.  Poverty.

33.What is your greatest regret?
-  None, really.

34.How would you like to die?
-  Fast.  None of those hospital drama.

35.What is your motto?
-  cogito ergo sum, ergo dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum

No comments: